Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stars


Stars? Hanging in the sky of mud? No! They are tiny suns, with an eternal smile fixed in silver, on top of my sketchpad.

I took this picture this May. This month is about to end, yet the rainy clouds just went away and the sun again dominates the sky. Things are getting warmer right now, especially during afternoon, where the tiny clouds were no match to the scourging heat of the sun. Though I like solid blue skies and thick cotton-like clouds, I miss the gray sky of May, but probably they will come back this June since it is the start of the rainy season.

I also like the rainy season of June. It is the time when the trees start to dance in the violent wind, begging the sun to come back, who walked away when a big fat gray cloud entered the scene. But I like this cloud, he always makes me sleepy during the afternoon, and the wind is getting cooler as it strikes down to the streets and window panes. But I also like the sun, he gives me a beautiful sky in the morning, and in the evening, he leaves, promising to show me the stars.

I remember when we went back to my mother's hometown, my siblings, my cousins, and I usually go out of my aunt's house in the evening, set up a wooden platform, and lie there to observe the stars.

I took my bunny to the woods in our school where there were many fireflies. We did nothing for a couple of minutes but watch them dance in the dark. May is the mating season, so they produce light to attract partners. But what's interesting about them is that they usually fly around a tree, creating beautiful swirling lights around it (sadly, I never had a picture of them like this but maybe someday). They are like fairies around their kingdom, or stars visiting the earth, searching for their partners.


No comments: