Friday, October 9, 2009

Comic strips and the Flood

So far I'm working my academics to finish this semester. Among them is this seven page comics for our final plate in advanced illustration class. Each paper is in A3 size, and should be executed in pen and ink. Randomly, a classmate of mine named Piya published her work in a blog, and she called it ingay biswal or visual noise. It was a fascinating comic strip for me, and I really praise her works, especially this one. And here is some of the page of the comics.






You can see the complete story of the comics in this blog. I hope I can also post my comics when I finished it.

Last week, I had a terrible experience, that probably I considered one of the darkest days of my life. The typoon Ondoy hit our country and I was in the library at that time, unaware what was going to happen. When I came out, a terrible rain and wind greeted me, and I hardly get out of the school until I saw the road to home was filled with rushing water. I was trapped between two deadly floods along the way to home. I saw people screaming and panicking, running to a higher ground. Everything was chaotic, from the panicking people and stranded cars to the rushing waters filled with mud and dirt. I also can't stay near the rushing flood beacause I brought the laptop soI also got a higher and place to stay.
I decided to sleep on a train station, along with other stranded people until early morning, when the cars started to move again. And when the sun rises up, we passed by the flooded road now lowered filled with dirt hanging on the cable wires, things like books and tables washed out from the houses there, and cars that turned upside down. And after almost nine dark hours, I finally got home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am lost for words - but I hope all is well with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That sounds very frightening - a terrible thing to be caught up in.
I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well...

Rizkyzone said...

nice post.... exchange link friend... I was add ur link at my blog, add my link back friend

Mike Carey and Luisa Mercado said...

Are you a Filipino? ...you are expressive and talented.

MikenLuisa
www.mikenluisa1.blogspot.com